Thursday, March 24, 2011

The last year

2010 for our family I'd have to say was the year of experimentation:

Food. We tried vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and nearly every kind of "healthy" food, grain, whatever. I must admit that most of it wasn't that bad, but I still felt hungry and let me tell you that the pounds just fall off.

School. The kids are homeschooled now and loving it. From trying the Thomas Jefferson education to regimented task lists and other approaches, Sharee has got the kids in a routine along with some local educational coops and they love it.

Biking. I tried endurance riding, racing, and grudge matching. I found that I prefer the endurance rides.

Pets. the three oldest are doing 4H. We have two rabbits and two guinea pigs now. They are for breeding for 4-H.

This year, the guinea pig got pregnant and just last night she had her babies. I've attached a pic of Carmel's three piglets. The rabbits got an opportunity to be rabbits and in a couple weeks, we expect baby bunnies. It has been like the Discovery Channel at our house. We all have eye witnessed conception and birth.

Friday we will get our new puppy and we are all excited about that. Lucy will join us from Italy and will

No comments: