Saturday, August 4, 2007

Life is CRAZY!!!

Well I guess I won't be able to count on Rob to write anything, and it took me a while just to figure out if I had changed my user account name or password, so I could even get in. Life has been busy. Rob has started his new job, and so far likes it. He is able to be on a longer leash than before and he is doing stuff he likes, which I would explain but it is all way over my head, and in my opinion pretty boring. I guess if he wants to refute that he can get on and write. He is going up to Washington this week to get some samples run and also some sputtering.

We went to Lagoon this past weekend for the Ricks college Alumni day, it was fun, but I decided it would be about 10 years before we do it again. Sorry we didn't see anyone, but we came on Friday and left on Sunday. We mainly came down to pick up my sisters little boy. We have him for a week while they went to the Dominican Republic on a trip she earned selling books. So I have four kids now and have decided I better stop at three because I was already behind and I think four would just put me over the edge. We are having fun though. Abi not as much because Tylan likes to pick on her, especially when I tell him he has to do something he doesn't want to. She is a pretty good sport though.

I am excited for school to start as are the kids. Parker is ready to see his friends again and not have to play with Londyn all day, he will be in third grade. Londyn is very excited to start kindergarten, she has been ready since Parker started kindergarten. I got smart this year and went to get supplies about a week ago and missed the big crowds and even got everything but one item on the list, which is a first for me, I usually have to run around to 5 different stores and still haven't gotten everything. I am excited to be back down to just one kid at home for at least a few hours every day. It will be nice to be able to run errands and whatever else I want to do. I will be spending quite a bit of time at the school volunteering in the class room and also being the PTO secretary.

Parker and Londyn are in swim lessons this summer, and both are improving quite fast. The P.E. teacher from Parker's school teaches them at a local athletic club. Parker is learning the butterfly stroke right now. Londyn can almost swim the width of the pool with a one arm breast stroke and then flipping over on her back to breath and to rest. Abi is just busy discovering the world around her. She loves to swim also and will spend her time at any pool going down the slide over and over, or else walking off the edge of the pool and having me catch her, over and over. She doesn't even care if she goes under the water.

We have been busy with yard work, and have gotten the front yard done. We have put some rocks in and a fountain, and perennial flowers, because I don't like to plant flowers every year, and when I get done with a project I like it to be maintenance free. We still have work in the back yard, I want to put a two foot wide garden around the yard next to the fence so I can have a garden, and the kids still have room to run around. I would also like to put a pergola, that is what I have heard it called, up for shade and grow grapes on it. Vinyl of course so I don't have to maintain it. I also want to put in kiwi vines, and lots of blueberries and raspberry bushes. Then in the summer we will plant vegetables and a little herb garden. I would also like to get a peach tree. But that will probably take a few years to get all that done. Rob isn't looking forward to it because he gets to do the heavy work. I guess I can always claim I am in my child bearing years.

We went rafting a few weeks ago with some of my cousins. The kids rode in a raft with her, she is good with the raft, and Rob went on a blow up wave runner, and I went in a tube, there were more in tubes also. It was a lot of fun. Abi stayed home with my aunt. Then two weeks later Rob took the kids with our neighbor and his kids. We borrowed rafts from the next door neighbor, they were 2 man rafts. Well they got in to launch and barely fit with the two kids and the rafts were riding pretty low in the water. I wasn't sure they would make it. They made it down, it took about an hour and they had to drain the raft along the way and found they had to sit on the back wall so they wouldn't hit all the rocks. They had fun though.

Well I better quit for now, this is longer than I expected. You'll have to excuse my spelling and letter form, I have never done well in English, and my last English college course I was given lots of special treatment because I was pregnant with Parker and the teacher felt sorry for me, which was to my advantage, not liking English. Hope everyone is doing well. I will write later.

The Idaho Owings

Wow this thing has a really cool spell check!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I finally got in to the system... I'm in Washington at a hotel. Left at 4:30 AM, got a flat tire this morning after I reached my destination, but other than that, no major issues. Sharee mentioned that my work is sort of boring for the uninterested, but I ran a sample today. We shine a low power laser on the sample, filter out the laser light and measure the other light that comes off. Each material vibrates internally depending on the bonds that hold it together and that changes the light and we measure it. It helps us know what is going on in the material. I'm hoping to learn more about the temperature sensors we build at work.

So everybody is into triathalons. WAY TO GO!! I'm finding that there are way too many things to do and not enough time to do it. I am excited to see everyone next weekend.

The Cranney's said...

The spell check was a wonderful discovery for me also. It is great to hear from you guys glad things are going well. We are getting ready for back to school also. I think I have all the clothes and supplies bought except for support pantyhoes for my poor legs. I figure if I am chasing around 5 year olds 7 months pregnant I need all the help I can get. Oh well 11 1/2 weeks left to go.

Sadie said...

Wow it sounds like both of your guys hands are full. I need to get textbooks, just be grateful that yours kids books aren't over a $100 dollars. I can't wait to see everyone. Well August is my play month I am not working as many hours which is nice because all my weekends are taken for Aug and some of Sept. Well school starts soon I can't believe I only have a year, I am so excited. Well it sounds like you have you hands full with all your house project. I am just trying to deny all the work that needs to be done here. I was good hearing from you. thanks.

Jessica said...

hehehe i have to buy my books too. but as i havent even finished signing up yet that will just have to wait. i think it is so cool that londyn and parker are really into swimming. that is awesome.