Thursday, January 17, 2008

4x

So today was a landmark day. Parker finished the "Mad Minute" 4x multiplication sheet (50 problems in 2.5 minutes with better than 70% correct. We raced a few times and he really didn't want to do it, but did it anyway. I'm pretty proud of him for it. He did one sheet and I did two. I finished and he didn't the first try. The second try, he did one and I did three. He almost finished it the second time. The third time I did 4 sheets and only made it through half of the last one. He finished while I was half way through the third sheet (30 seconds left). The fourth time was a gut check: Parker vs. the clock and he finished it with 100% and 1 second remaining. He's the man. He's here with me as I type this. Good luck with your math everyone. Parker is "Getting it" now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

parker! i remember having to do that in third grade. we have a prize in class for those who could finish the page in three minutes. so you are cooler than me there. grandma used to quiz me as we would ride our bikes home from school. your dad is pretty cool.

The Cranney's said...

Parker,
You are the man, I don't think I could even do that. Way to go.